Robinwood Residential

Robinwood Residential

If somebody told you that you had to jump off a 40-foot-high tower, would you do it? Well, that’s what happened when we went to Robinwood Activity Centre!
The activities were obviously the best, as that was what we came for! They ranged from archery (pun intended) and caving to giant swing and the (freezing) stream walk! Most of they were very exciting, but some of them weren’t. For example, the trapeze was exciting, nerve-racking and also filled you with adrenaline. We had to use a climbing wall to reach the pinnacle of a 12 metre high tower and then JUMP OFF and grab a trapeze! Your possibly wondering: isn’t this dangerous? The answer is no. This is because they have harnesses which prevent you from falling if you miss the trapeze.

Furthermore , the Knight’s Quest (which we did on day 2) took thought and reasoning, but also was a competition because the team who got the most coins (obtained by completing challenges and riddles) at the end would win. Amazingly, the two other teams each had 24 coins; we had 25!

My other favourite activity was definitely the Giant Swing because of the rush of excitement and adrenaline. The rest of my team had to pull on a rope which made me rise higher into the air. Eventually, they stopped – I was 25 feet off the ground! Suspended high in the air, I pulled on a teddy bear: whoosh! I felt a huge jolt in my stomach and soared through the air. It was awesome!

Overall, this trip is the best so far in Year 6 and I would definitely go again.

Tayyeb 6MJ

One thought on “Robinwood Residential

1. What an excellent blog. I feel that I could have been there, as you painted a great picture of what it was like. Thanks Tayyeb!